Sunday, April 3, 2011

Such a busy week!!!

So last week I hardly cooked at ALL. NO.. that doesn't mean I ate fast food thankfully.  I was at a three day meeting for my work and two of the three nights included dinner so I didn't have to cook a thing! I did remember to bring my own snacks like greek yogurt with raspberries, peanut butter and banana and I drank plenty of coffee and ice cold bottles of Dasani at the meeting.  Night two was a fabulous group dinner for 140 people at the most beautiful restaurant in Newport Beach called Villa Nova.  Normally Italian food is hard for me since the standard fare is pasta which I don't eat.

They started us off with bread and I ate a half a roll with real glorious butter... then a salad with a very light dressing and lots of fresh Parmesan cheese.  Next course was rigatoni in a light tomato sauce with fresh garlic and basil.  I ate a couple noodles and all of the tomato chunks and fresh basil.  DELISH!! Main course I chose the fillet and it came with baby roasted potatoes.  It was amazingly tender and just melted in your mouth completely.

Dessert was two kinds of heaven.  I knew I wanted a bite or two of something so I didn't choose the first which was a frozen amaretto ice cream enrobed in chocolate.  The second was a ball of chocolate ice cream with a raspberry sorbet center, rolled in mini dark chocolate chips.  THAT is the one I had two bites of and it was AMAZING.

Wednesday night I just made a turkey and cheese wrap on Flat Out bread and Thursday I had a dinner date so it was spring rolls for me.

Ive cooked a bit since then so stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment