Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sometimes I forget to eat...

Almost two years out, "hungry" still hasn't come back for me.  It may someday but for now I rely on the clock and my body telling me when it's time to eat.  I admit I am a very scheduled eater Monday - Friday so the weekends can get thrown off for me.  I usally am up by 6:30 and have my daily snack of a small banana with low sugar/salt PB by 9:00 am.  EVERY day... same thing, day after day and I LOVE it. Now cut to Saturday when I sleep in till 9:00 and you can see where the problem starts.

Had my morning coffee with a scoop of protein but it took me about 2 1/2 hours to finish it all while I was dashing from room to room cleaning the house.  All of the sudden, my body said LUNCHTIME and I nearly went down in the hallway! So today's lunch was a quick fix to get some protein and complex carbohydrates in my pouch so I can continue on with what I want to do today!!

Layer of no fat refried beans (green chili and lime flavor) topped with monterey jack cheese and an egg over medium.  And LOTS of green salsa on top with more cheese :)  It was quick, cheap and so very stinking easy.  I microwaved the beans, cooked the egg and was eating lunch within 5 minutes.  Now... tell me you can even get through a drive thru window in that time? No way! AND no guilt for dessert after eating something less than great for me...

So it was kind of a juevo ranchero of sorts?  I sprinkled the top with some fresh cilantro leaves for a bit of a punch in taste.  So good and I already feel miles better and ready to finish my activities!

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog and especially this post! Mexican food is a big favorite of mine and I will probably make this dish soon. Bob travels a lot so I am often cooking for one and I sure agree about fast food - not a very healthy option!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this again yesterday for lunch!! I really like the mix of textures with the crispy edges on the "fried" egg and hte smooth beans. Right now Albertsons has a dozen eggs for 99 cents. This would be great for a brunch and so cheap!

    ReplyDelete