Saturday, March 26, 2011

Indoor Grilling

I recently rediscovered my cast iron indoor grill.  I am so in love with being able to grill indoors as currently I only have a HUGE charcoal BBQ and it's too costly to waste all that charcoal.  If you don't have one any grill pan would work, but something about a well seasoned cast iron grill really gives it another layer of taste

This dinner was a piece of frozen halibut that I defrosted and marinated in Lawry's Havana Garlic and Lime marinade.  I absolutely LOVE this marinade and use it often.  It's great to pound out chicken flat and marinade overnight... it has so much lime juice in it that the chicken starts to cook in the marinade from the acid!  I took the rest of those baby sweet peppers and sliced them in half and marinated them with sliced onion in some olive oil/balsamic/fresh garlic.  I cooked some frozen butternut squash on the stove top with a bit of garlic powder and when it was done I mashed it thoroughly and added some Parmesan cheese.  This makes my mouth think its eating mashed potatoes without triggering cravings for MORE carbs.

I grilled the halibut after I cut it in cubes and threaded on a metal skewer.  It took about 5 minutes total and while it was cooking I added the peppers and onions to the grill too.  I recently discovered my love of balsamic vinegar and how much the taste is enhanced by grilling with it.  During the summer I will make caprese salad from the bounty I get at the farmers market.. probably no less than once a week.  I absolutely love the fresh basil and balsamic combo, its a party on my tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment