Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fajita Tostada

I've been fighting a losing battle with the scale lately, in the WRONG direction.  I have been allowing myself a carbohydrate at dinnertime which I usually only save for lunch in hopes of moving that needle.  So far I have only been able to get back about 2 lbs of the 15 I lost unexpectedly but I am adjusting..

This dinner was a fajita tostada! I am one of the very, very lucky ones that can eat beef in all forms however much I want! Ground, grilled, sliced... as long as it's moist Pancho doesn't mind at all.

This was a piece of top sirloin I sliced thin and cooked with fresh onion and baby sweet peppers sliced in rounds.  I added fresh garlic, cumin, oregano and chili powder.  I prefer those four spices over traditional "taco seasoning" in a pouch because I have become very salt sensitive and it bothers me. I baked a small sized flour tortilla in the toaster oven until it was getting brown and crispy around the edges.

I topped with shredded jack cheese and light sour cream.  I wasn't able to eat the whole thing of course, and usually about half way through I scrape everything off the tortilla anyway.  This meat was actually leftover from the day before, when I used the other half in a fajita bowl because I found my leaf lettuce had frozen!

No comments:

Post a Comment