Monday, April 4, 2011

Yummy Italian!!

Sometimes Pancho likes Italian food... and he DEMANDS it!!!

Tonight was one of those nights where I just threw something together based on what I was craving.

One center cut loin chop trimmed of all visible fat and butterflied.  A couple tablespoons of olive oil in the pan heated well, threw in the chop and 1/2 a diced red pepper and 1/2 a white onion.  I sliced thin 4 cloves of garlic and liberally doused the dish with Italian Seasoning!  I put the lid on to help hurry the veggies to soften and cook the chop.  When I turned the chop I stirred the veggies and added about 1/2 cup of jarred marinara sauce.  Simmered all for 5 minutes until it was cooked through.

I served the pork chop on the plate topped with a slice of provolone cheese, and poured the veggies over the cheese melting it into gooey wonderfulness (yeah I know that's not a real word, but it's how it TASTED for sure) and dusted the whole thing with a shot of Parmesan.

Did I miss the pasta? No WAY.  When I feel like I need that pasta I just leave the strips of pepper and onion really long instead of cut in cubes, or I slice a zucchini into ribbons... then you can still "twirl" something and feel like it's pasta.

All is satisfied in the land of craving Italian food!! Pancho is satisfied and again a good dinner with no guilt!! I make sure I eat all the chop I can but I did end up leaving quite a few veggies behind.  Hey, when Pancho says DONE I listen! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment